Friday, July 6, 2012

Rain in Kolkata

We arrived into Kolkata to get some experience of India different from the mild weather of Bangalore. Rainy and humid, now I feel like it's monsoon time. After checking in and getting some sleep we started our day at the school I will be at for the week. After navigating some intense traffic we arrived at the school. Walking through the gate of a school with 4,000 students can be a little overwhelming, not to mention going up on stage for morning assembly to be welcomed and make some remarks.
After my introduction was fun to have all the students greet me with "good morning sir" as I walked the hallways. I gave a presentation to some students on life in Nebraska and then sat in on some classes observing and answering questions. Yes, it does seem that Justin Bieber is big everywhere. Being familiar with him because of my daughters did score me some points with the students. 

It was great interacting with the students and teachers, I am looking forward the next few days working with all of them. Coming up this weekend I may get a little cricket in, so you will want to stay tuned for that.


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your staying in India. Waiting for more. Have fun, learn and teach

    ReplyDelete