Friday, July 6, 2012

Getting in Some Schools/Blending in Seemlessly

We visited two schools today. The first was an "affordable private" school that is primarily in English. The students are all very well behaved, rising when I entered the room to "hello sir" the classrooms were  quite cramped and the students sat on benches taking notes over the lesson.

Discipline does not really seem to be an issue and they are very eager to learn despite the hard conditions. I think that I blended in seemlessly. 
The students here have to apply and be accepted into the school so they are going to need to meet certain standards before they can get in. The next school we went to was a Government School and the main mode of instruction was the state language, with some English. There was some more room to work here and they seemed to take advantage of it with many activities. I think it is another good example of me blending in, you can hardly find me in this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment